Creativity in School
Queen Elizabeth’s 60 Year Reign
Our school hall was filled with beautiful hand painted tiles by our very talented children.
Year 3 Outdoors and Learning about Forces
- Exploring our local environment to identify different plants and considering the variety of life.
- Investigating germination and plant growth.
- Using a computer program to develop a simple database on living organisms.
- Writing a report based on what we find out about living things in our local environment.
Below, Writing Poetry.
Below, Forces[Gallery not found]
- Investigating magnets, springs, and simple pneumatic systems
- Making measurements, collecting data and using tables and bar charts to represent information
- Designing and making a monster using our knowledge of forces
- Exploring how we can create forces, movements and shapes in gymnastics
Welcome Little Baby
Nursery and Reception Nativity – Together for the first time at Wylam.
[Gallery not found]
Reading with Year 4
Here you can see our Year 4 children showing and reading to the Reception children, their new information books which they have designed and written!
Culture in the UK Day 2011
This day was a whole school event. We worked together to learn about similarities and differences in various parts of the UK. All the teachers brought photographs and food in from where they were born.
Children brought in information about members of their family who were born somewhere other than Wylam.
A Letter from Buckingham Palace – June 2010
In Year 1, as part of our Australian Topic, the children wanted to send Queen Elizabeth a birthday card to celebrate her official Australian birthday. The children drew lots of Australian animals and a beautiful portrait of the Queen. I was very proud of our wonderful card and how excited the children were to receive a letter from Buckingham Palace to thank us all.
Mr Daly – Year One Teacher 2009/10.