The government provides funding to all primary schools to improve Physical Education (PE) and sport in schools. This money must be used to improve provision of school sport and promote sport as part of healthy lifestyles.
We are very proud of our sports provision at Wylam First School. Sport plays a significant role across school with the aim of providing the best opportunities for all our young people. Sporting provision at Wylam First School is fully inclusive, involves competitive & non-competitive sport, is available to every young person from Nursery age upwards, and is cross-curricular.
For the 2017-18 academic year we receive £13,000 which is used to meet the following objectives:
- Physical literacy across school
- Pupils to become Sports Leaders at their level
- Develop leadership across school for PE and sport
- Access Change4Life activities and resources
- Increase fitness and activity levels across school
- Increase and develop already good levels of competitive and non -competitive sport, including non-school based competitions.
Here you can download a breakdown of the schools Sports Grant.
Click here to read our schools PE Policy